Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ichiban Kuji and Anime Figurines

I discovered Ichiban Kuji (一番くじ) when I saw their C.C. figurine displayed in a Sunkus convenience store a couple of months back. I asked the store attendant how much the figurine costs, but he told me it's not for sale (at least, not directly). Ichiban Kuji's system is that you first purchase a stub (which you can find placed on the display rack). The cashier will then ask you to draw a card from a box. You then remove the upper tear-off layer of the card. This will reveal a letter that corresponds to the product you will receive. The products are original. Suffice to say, you will always get a product - no "better luck next time" cards. But as always, your goal is to get an "A" or "B" card since those are the coolest and grandest ones, while the trailing letters vary (greatly) in quality and like-ability. The stub normally costs 500yen. For the Code Geass "premium" product line (link), it was 800yen per stub.

I bought 2 stubs that day, and got myself a pair of mugs with cool Code Geass prints, and a Guren Knightmare nendoroid figure. I'm quite happy with what I got, but not as much as if I got the C.C. figurine! Unfortunately, the figurine had already been "won" the next time I went back to that Sunkus store. I searched all over town for another convenience store that carried the product (only selected stores have them) but never found one with C.C. still there. :(

Now, this month, their Macross Frontier premium product line (link) is coming out! And of course I'm very excited! I'm hoping not to miss it this time. I'm not interested in the "A" product this time, but in the "B" - either the Sheryl Nome or the Ranka Lee figurine! But I think I like to get their nendoroids too, as well as the Nyan-nyan bowl. ^_~

No comments: